Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teaching and Learning: KWL

A few final thoughts on "Teaching and Learning in a Networked Classroom:

What did I Know:
This being my final course in my Master's In Online Teaching and Learning through Plymouth State University, I thought I knew it all.....was I surprised!
I do have to say that I did come into this course with many, many resources that I picked up from my other courses. I have most of them bookmarked, and organized (I think for now) at my Diigo account.  I knew of many of the struggles that many districts face in getting to implement the Web 2.0 tools that are out there!  I knew of them, because when I first started the series of courses, my district was one of them.  I learned along the way how to help convince my district that these tools are not only valuable to the teachers and the students, but they can be valuable to the community as well.  These tools can help our staff and students reach the community and help bridge the gap between the community and the schools.  Not to mention...most are FREE!  (I think that part helped)

What did I want to know when I started this class?
Going by the course description, I was hoping I would be given even more resources and practical uses for them in my classroom.  I was also looking for ways to help reach some of my colleagues to try to get them on board.

What did I learn?
I learned how to create a podcast/screencast.  I had been given the resources in my previous classes, but never took the time to get to learn how to use them.  I have to say....A LOT easier than I feared!  I created my screencast using Screencast-o-Matic.  The requirements for the course were simple, basically could do whatever we felt comfortable with...which helped a lot!  So, I presented a tour of my class wiki, which also served as my final project for the course.

Also, I utilized blogging more than any other online course that I have taken.  I have to say, it took some getting used to..."talking" to people who really aren't there...nevermind babbling about yourself at times.  I liked the format much better than a "final paper". 

Great experience for my final course!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment